View Page in Your Language
How to Backup DVD movie, DVD Backup, DVD Decrypter, Nero Recode 2, & Nero Burning Rom Tutorial
01) open your “C: Drive” or “Hard Drive,” click on File, New, Folder
and name it MyNewBackup_DVD , then [Enter] to save it.
02) open your Hard drive again and make another folder as My_Final_Recode_DVD
and [Enter] to save it.
03) now go inside both MyNewBackup_DVD and
My_Final_Recode_DVD click on File, New, Folder and name it VIDEO_TS
Yes..type in "exactly" like that, then hit [Enter] to save it. Now closed that.
(To Decrypt or Rip a DVD movie using DVD Decrypter on File Mode)
*NOTE: in prior to the ripping part, let's tweak/set a few settings inside DVD Decrypter*
** open up DVD Decrypter , go to Tools , and Settings
** at General on “Removal Method” arrow down to “Aggressive”
** at I/O , check “Ignore Read Errors”
** at “File Mode” check on all of the Remove, Ignore, Patch and Create MDS file.
** at CSS check “Brute Force -->I/O key exchange ,
On Failure: use key from another file [YES]
** at “ISO Read Mode” check on all Remove and Create MDS file
A) once you're done with the settings, click OK to get out from the settings.
B) put original movie in "DVD-Rom drive ” *(if you have an additional DVD burner)
or put original movie in “DVD burner” *(if only you don't have a DVD-Rom drive)
C) put a high quality media in your DVD burner *(if only you have the original movie inside your DVD-Rom drive)
**NOTE: (use high quality media such as Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, and Maxell (Made In Japan only)
D) open up DVD Decrypter , click on MODE, File F
E) click on “Edit” then “Select All”
F) "Source" <---where the original movie is located (DVD-Rom or DVD burner)
G) "Destination" <-- browse to your New Folder that you created earlier aka "MYNEWBACKUP_DVD," and VIDEO_TS,
then click OK
H) click on "Decrypt" <--- it's the arrow next to the disc and burner icon.
Now sit back, relax, go smoke/take a puff or go watch TV and wait until it's completed.
Don't mess with your computer at this time.
(NOTE: make sure you don't have any other unnecessary programs running while ripping.)
(To Encode a movie using Nero Recode 2 by Alkohol)
01) click on Nero StartSmart and click on Nero Recode
02) Open up Nero Recode 2, click on "Recode an Entire DVD to DVD"
03) change your "Custom" settings to “4360MB or 4400MB” and check on "Fit To Target"
04) click on "Import DVD" and browse to your New Folder "MyNewBackup_DVD"
then to VIDEO_TS, , then OK .
Nero Recode should do a quick analysis now -- approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
Once it's done you should have the whole completed movie with Main Title, Audio, Foreign Audio
or Subtitles and Extras . If you don't want to remove anything, then just leave as it is
and you'll have a "full disc back up" now click on "NEXT"
**NOTE: now you can remove any unwanted Commentary Audio, Foreign Audio, Subtitles and Extras,
so your backup will be better on the quality.
**NOTE: for “Main movie” only, you need to do a “Recode Main Movie to DVD”
Here is the Main Movie only, if you're happy with it, then click NEXT.
05) "Destination" <--- Hard Disk
06) "Target Folder" <--- browse to your folder: “My_Final_Recode_DVD” and VIDEO_TS that you created earlier,
then click on "BURN" <---this process takes any where from 12 mins – 35 mins
(depending on how fast is your computer and or if you're going to use “Advanced Analysis” )
**NOTE: if you want super quality, then [check/tick] on either “Advanced Analysis”
(this will encode in 2 passes, but will improve the quality)<---I highly recommend using this,
or “High Quality Mode [slow recoding], then click on “BURN”
07) Now the first pass of Advanced Analysis is in progress.
08) Now it's processing the second part, which is Encoding.
09) Presto…it's done, just click NO because you don't want to save the log file.
**NOTE: once Nero Recode 2 completed the Encoding process, you'll have at least like 25 – 45 VIDEO_TS
small folders inside your My_Final_Recode_DVD folder (depends on how big is the movie),
and now you're ready to burn your newly created VIDEO_TS files with Nero Burning Rom.
(To burn your Movie or VIDEO_TS files using Nero Burning Rom by Alkohol)
01) Open up Nero StartSmart and click on Nero Burning Rom
02) now click DVD-Video and click on NEW
03) now Drag them by pressing “Ctrl + A” and put it in VIDEO_TS folder on the left.
04) once you have everything, now let's get ready to burn them.
05) now let's set the burning speed.
06) sit back and relax while Nero Burning Rom is burning.
07) finally it's successfully completed…that's it… easy as smoking!!
08) since you have the encoded dvd files inside your My_Final_Recode_DVD already,
now you can go to your MyNewBackup_DVD, and VIDEO_TS folder
and delete all of them files because you won't need them anymore.
Enjoyed it and have fun burning…!!! Now you can give me a 12 packs of Heineken.
Article by Alkohol a respected active member of AfterDawn.com
The information presented on this page illustrates how to backup compliant Video-DVDs to DVD±RW / DVD±R media.
The software tools and information presented on this page
work with unencrypted DVD files only and are not made
to create illegal copies of copyrighted DVD material.
Please record responsibly.
Before copying anything onto a CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, Blue-Ray, HD-DVD please be sure that you are exercising your fair use rights under the copyright law
and not violating any copyright laws.
The software from this web site is designed to assist you
in reproducing only the material in which you own the copyright
or for which you have obtained permission to copy from the copyright owner. Unless you own the copyright or hold permission to copy from the copyright owner,
you may be violating copyright law and be subject to
payment of damages and other remedies.
If you are uncertain about your rights,
you should contact your legal advisor,
you assume full responsibility for the legal and
responsible use of the software downloaded or obtained
by any delivery method from this web site.